Become a Friend
The Friends was started in 2011 by a small collection of medical alumni to help preserve this amazing heritage in the heart of London. This circle of friends grew to form a central committee. Now in its third year, The Friends have expanded to attract a following of over 400 like-minded individuals, many of whom have trained or worked at Barts but also those who are familiar with the buildings, archives and artistic treasures that are housed there. This growing number brought together to see that the heritage at The Barts site is appropriately preserved to inspire future generations.
- – To maximise the usage for the benefit of patients, staff, students and the public.
- – To promote awareness and support for the conservation of the artwork and archival collections within and around the Great Hall.
- – To promote and campaign for the enhancement and sustainability of the heritage buildings of the North Wing including the Great Hall.
- – To support those responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the buildings and fabric.
What we offer:
- – Regular newsletters
- – Invitations to dinners/lunches in the Great Hall
- – Invitation to the Archive Lecture
- – Other activities and visits
- – Friendship among those who care about the building
To get involved, Become a Friend.