Gerard Stamp (born 1955) went to school under the shadow of Norwich Cathedral, where he developed a passion for drawing and painting architecture.
Having held several solo exhibitions in London and nationwide, his work is now in private collections around the World, public collections including Norwich Castle Art Gallery, and the Royal Collection. Using light, atmosphere and detail Gerard strives above all to convey the feeling of a place, and what Ruskin called the “golden stain of time”. He likes the intimacy of watercolour and pushes hard on its capabilities.
Gerard lives in Norfolk with his wife, several animals and with the occasional visit from two grown up children.
For more information visit his website gerardstamp.com
This is your opportunity to a limited edition print, faithfully reproduced from the original watercolour. All profits from the sale of the prints will go directly to Barts Heritage.
- 610 x 450 mm – unframed and unmounted
- High quality fine art print on 350g acid-free, mould-made etching paper
- Archival pigment inks and precisely calibrated to match the original painting
- Each impression is signed and numbered by the artist
- After this limited edition is sold, no more prints will be made
- Delivered by Royal Mail in a cardboard tube
To make sure everybody gets a fair chance to buy a print, we ask that customers order no more than two prints.
The original watercolour will be auctioned at a gala dinner in 2023.