Barts Heritage is embarking on an exciting new project. We have an opportunity for an Interpretation Research Associate.
Interpretation Research Associate: St Bartholomew’s Heritage, London.
Fixed Term contract to end of March 2022.
Barts Heritage is looking to appoint a passionate and creative interpretation researcher to support the team during the development phase of a National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) application focusing on heritage, health and wellbeing. You will carry out research based on collections, archives and the built environment to identify content which may be of interest for interpretation and engagement activity and that can be tested with target audiences, working alongside Activity Planners.
You should have:
- Understanding and experience of interpretative research processes.
- Experience of research with archive and museum collections and databases.
- An ability to take an audience focussed approach to research particularly around access, inclusion and diversity and with an interest int the decolonisation process.
- Specific knowledge and interest in 18th century history and/or architecture would be desirable.
- An ability to build strong working relationships and work well independently as well as part of a team.
This is a part time freelance post. The fee is £6,000 to include all travel, expenses and overheads and we are anticipating approximately 30 days of work which needs to be completed by the end of March 2022.
To register your interest and receive a more detailed brief please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating Interpretation Research Associate in the email title.
Closing date for applications: 12:00 15th December 2021
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: Early January 2022.